40 years of unforgettable Italian hospitality.
We proudly celebrate our 40th anniversary this year (1974 – 2014).
The collection’s first hotel opened its doors in 1974 when Roberto Polito built his first establishment in Punta Ala, Tuscany (Hotel Cala del Porto). After this he started working with his wife Lisa to develop a unique concept of hospitality in terms of life experience, drawing upon Italian style, culture and various traditions.
Read Commendatore Roberto Polito biography
- Acquisition of Hotel Cala del Porto Punta Ala, Tuscany.
The Hotel Cala del Porto, member of Relais & Chateaux, stands amidst the picturesque Maremma pine forests, leading down to the sea. From the pool terrace, guests can admire a magnificent view of the entire Tuscan archipelago: Elba, Montecristo and Cerboli.
- Acquisition of Hotel Bernini Palace, Florence.
Located in Florence’s historic centre, behind Piazza della Signoria and a stone’s throw from the Uffizi and the city’s historical and cultural highlights, the hotel, with its traditional Florentine architectural style and modern touches, was sold in 2010.
- Acquisition of Regina Hotel Baglioni, Roma, and Grand Hotel Baglioni, Bologna.
Regina Hotel Baglioni, Rome, housed in a magnificent liberty-style building, is located on the world renowned Via Veneto. The charm of the period façade and refinement of the decoration and furnishings in both Art Déco and Classic styles create a unique atmosphere.
- The Grand Hotel Baglioni, which was sold in 2010, was located in the heart of Bologna. The hotel was renowned for its space, lavish furnishings and intrinsic artistic connections: Roman ruins and famous sixteenth century Carracci frescoes.
- Acquisition of Luna Hotel Baglioni, Venice, and Due Torri Hotel Baglioni, Verona.
The historic Luna Hotel Baglioni, Venice, dates back to the 12th century and it is recorded as having given shelter to the Knights Templar in 1118.
- Due Torri Hotel Baglioni, Verona, (sold in 2010) was a medieval building in the historic centre of one of Italy’s most enchanting cities, not far from the famous balcony of Romeo and Juliet, Piazza Brà and the Arena. A meeting point for lovers of art, culture and opera.
- Acquisition of Carlton Hotel Baglioni, Milan.
Set at the crossroads of culture, fashion and design, Carlton Hotel Baglioni is the only hotel in Milan with a pedestrian entrance from Via della Spiga, the most glamorous street in the city. The hotel is just a stone’s throw away from Milan’s prestigious boutiques, the Duomo, the Teatro alla Scala and the financial district.
Mr. Roberto Polito received the title of Commendatore from the President of tha Italian Republic.
- Acquisition of Villa Gallici, Aix en Provence (France).
An authentic 18th century Provençal house, Villa Gallici is set in the light that Cézanne loved, in the famous city of Aix-en-Provence, surrounded by the enchanting scenery of Provence.
- Acquisition of Royal Champagne, Champillon Epernay and Château de Mirambeau, Mirambeau – Bordeaux (France).
Once a post house on the road to Reims, where Napoleon often stayed with his noble entourage, Royal Champagne is on the hilltop of the Epernay valley overlooking the vineyard, only 6 km away from Dom Perignon Village. Sold in 2011, Château de Mirambeau, was located in one of the most fascinating areas of southwest France, Charente-Maritim between the famous cities of Cognac and Bordeaux.
- Acquisition of Château De Codignat, Bort L’Etang – Auvergne (France).
Château de Codignat, dismissed in 2011, was a castle, dating back to the fifteenth century, situated in Bort-L’Etang in the splendid Auvergne countryside, amongst lakes, forests and volcanic hills.
- Acquisition of Le Saint Paul, Saint Paul de Vence (France) and acquisition of Baglioni Hotel, London.
Le Saint Paul stands in the very centre of the medieval town of Saint Paul, one of the most enchanting villages in Provence, facing the Mediterranean and sheltered by the Southern Alps, between hills and sea. Baglioni Hotel London marked a turning point in the design concept of the group. The chic, contemporary style of this hotel has revamped the brand’s image, evoking a less formal type of elegance and hospitality, without compromising on design details.
- Opening of Brunello Lounge & Restaurant, Rome.
One of the city’s restaurants, blending contemporary design and traditional Italian elegance. It is the ideal place to taste wonderful dishes full of Mediterranean flavours.
- Opening of Baglioni Resort Alleluja.
Baglioni Resort Alleluja, in the heart of the Maremma Grossetana, offers guests the freedom of a private home with the advantages and luxury of a first class hotel.
- Acquisition of Relais Santa Croce, Florence.
The stunning 17th century Palazzo Ciofi-Jacometti, once owned by the Marquis Baldinucci treasurer to the Pope, is home to this exclusive hotel in the heart of Florence, a Relais & Châteaux member.
- Mr Guido Polito new CEO of Baglioni Hotels.
Guido Polito succeeds Roberto Polito, founder of Baglioni Hotels, who remains as President of the group.
- Renovation works at Carlton Hotel Baglioni, Milan enrich the hotel with a new collection of Grand Deluxe Rooms. The new design concept is evident through its furnishings, which are a reinterpretation of an Art Déco style. Baglioni Hotels launches italiantalks.com - the blog featuring Italian content, written by true lovers of Italy.
- The company’s brand management implements a series of strategic actions with a focus on rebranding activities. The desire to put more and more emphasis on the guest’s hotel experience, led to the review of the company’s brand values that have become: unforgettable experiences, uniqueness, and Italian hospitality. The new slogan “The Unforgettable Italian Touch“is the promise of a one-time experience of the highest value,which makes every guest feel special, in true Italian style.Regina Hotel Baglioni unveils the Roman Penthouse Suite and the newly refashioned Caffè Baglioni of the Carlton Hotel Baglioni in Milan is even more a hub of design, art and fashion than ever before. The style of the Baglioni Hotels Collection combines ever more Italian tradition with contemporary design.
- To celebrate its 40th anniversary, Baglioni Hotels introduces the new My Baglioni Hotels programme, a world of customised benefits dedicated to all those who register through www.baglionihotels.com
The Baglioni Suites brand is the celebration of the Baglioni Hotels’ art of welcoming.The brand new San Giorgio Terrace Suite at the Luna Hotel Baglioni, Venice is the latest jewel of this special collection, dedicated to all those in search of an unforgettable experience and the highest standard of hospitality.