Ingredients for 2 people:
4cup short-grain rice Carnaroli
2tbsp onion or leeks, finely diced
1tsp kosher salt adjust to taste
1/2tsp white pepper freshly ground, adjust to taste
3tbsp white wine
1tbsp saffron loosely packed
3tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
1tbsp parsley fresh, finely chopped
1tbsp rosemary fresh, finely chopped
1tbsp lemon zest fresh
1. Finely dice onions. Measure other ingredients. Bring the stock to boiling. In the same pan, saute onions on
medium heat, season with salt.
2. Add rice to the onions and cook briefly until rice grains are semi-transparent and hot to the touch. Do not let it
caramelize. Add white wine, stir, and let the wine to evaporate.
3. Add the first portion (~2-3 cups) of simmering stock to cover the rice. Sprinkle with saffron. Set the timer for 18
4. Cook, stirring over high heat until stock is partially absorbed, partially evaporated. Stir constantly and gently.
5. Repeat 2-3 more times with the rest of the stock. Stir constantly and gently.
6. Continue till the end of 18 minutes period. Turn off the heat. Adjust the taste.
7. Add butter and parmesan, stir, cover with a lid and let your risotto set for about 3-5 minutes before serving. It
will absorb most of the liquid left after cooking.
8. Sprinkle parsley, rosemary and lemon zest on top as garnish and serve the risotto.
We insist on our food being seasonal, contemporary, and full of Italian heart: these are the three ingredients that enhance every dish.