Scent of Provence
The St. Paul is located in the heart of the village of Saint-Paul de Vence on the Rue Grande. The first stone of this building from the sixteenth century was laid in 1511, well before the birth of the village itself. Before becoming a middle-class residences, these houses were used as a hospital, church and even as a meeting place by secret organizations who conspired against the government of the time.
In 1989, following extensive renovation works, Le Saint-Paul was born in the heart of the village, the only hotel located inside the walls. The St. Paul became a member of Relais and Châteaux "Finest Hotels in the World " in 1992.
In 2004 the Italian group Baglioni Hotels becomes owner of the establishment and enriches its collection of Relais & Chateaux in France.