Villa Necchi Campiglio Residence, Milan
Situated in via Mozart in the Milan’s historic centre, Villa Necchi Campiglio is a private residence constructed between 1932 and 1935 by the architect Piero Portaluppi and later updated by Tommaso Buzzi.
The building, which miraculously escaped the bombings of World War II, is an icon of Italian rationalism that still retains some art déco traits and characteristic notes of the designer’s creativity.
The residence has remained unchanged over the years, with the same furniture and original fittings, which attest to the taste and lifestyle of the owners who, donated the entire complex to the FAI in 2001.
The interiors present an image of the twentieth-century Milanese bourgeoisie with a number of rooms for the various activities and a number of service rooms.
Villa Necchi Campiglio also houses two important collections: Claudia Gian Ferrari’s donation of early eighteenth century art with works by Sironi, Martini, de Chirico and others, and the highly refined collection of eighteenth century paintings and decorative arts that once belonged to Alighiero and Emilietta De’ Micheli, which includes canvases by Canaletto, Rosalba Carriera e Tiepolo.
Villa Necchi Campiglio
Via Mozart, 14
20122 Milan - Italy
Tel. +39 02 76020873