Bevilacqua La Masa Foundation in Venice
Established in 1888, a few years after the first Venice Biennale, the Foundation owes its name to Felicita Bevilacqua La Masa, who donated her palace Cà Pesaro on the Grand Canal to the Municipality of Venice. The condition of the bequest was that the palace become a landmark for the artistic culture of Venice.
Boccioni and Arturo Martini are just two of the artists discovered by the Bevilacqua La Masa Foundation.
The Foundation’s current offices are located in St. Mark’s Square, while a secondary branch has been set up in Palazzo Tito, near Campo San Barnaba.
Since its centenary in 1999, the Bevilacqua La Masa Foundation has exhibited the works of artists such as Jean-Michel Basquiat, Frida Khalo, Louise Bourgeois and Milton Glaser.
The building in Piazza San Marco, beneath the arcades of the Procuratie Nuove, covers two floors and offers both historic and contemporary exhibitions.
Fondazione Bevilacqua La Masa
Galleria di Piazza San Marco
San Marco, 71/c
30124 Venice - Italy
Tel. +39 041 5237819