Venini Glassworks, Murano, Venice
Venini glassworks was founded in Venice in 1921 by Milanese solicitor Paolo Venini, Venetian antiques dealer Giacomo Cappellin and artist Vittorio Zecchin.
From day one the products stood out for their original design and extraordinary chromatic compositions, thanks to an ongoing collaboration with artists such as Giò Ponti, Carlo Scarpa, Tommaso Buzzi, Alessandro Mendini, Gae Aulenti, Ettore Sottsass, Tobia Scarpa and other illustrious twentieth century figures.
The collaboration with the sculptor Napoleone Martinuzzi, who became a partner in 1925 and thereafter worked as artistic director, was particularly significant.
Venini’s creations are still exhibited in leading museums worldwide.
The shop-show room in Piazzetta Leoncini in San Marco, features the main collections of lamps and vases in blown glass that are still hand-produced in the Fondamenta Vetrai workshop on the Island of Murano.
San Marco, 314
Tel. +39 041 5224045