Get the whole family together for a holiday in Provence. Contact us for a whole host of ideas for fun!
Not to be missed:
- Aix-en-Provence the capital of Provence, a market town since Medieval times, the Cathedral Saint Sauveur, the Joseph Sec Monument erected by Joseph Sec to honour the French Revolution and the freedom it brought, Trompe l’Oeil Staircase painted by Jean Daret who was named ‘painter to the King’ after the young Louis XIV, the Cours Mirabeau the main thoroughfare in Aix full of cafes, the Granet Museum where there are also works by Rubens, Rembrandt as well as Cézanne’s own collection (Giacometti, Picasso, Leger, Klee etc.).10 minutes from La Villa Gallici
- Arles the most surprising town in Provence: capital of Roman Gaul and where Van Gogh lived…Here you could enjoy the Museum of Ancient Arles that seems a ‘mini’ Rome, the River Rhône painted by Van Gogh, the Cryptoporticus, a walk underground through the ancient Roman Forum, the Place du Forum and Van Gogh’s Garden, the public hospital where Van Gogh was taken after he cut off his ear in late December 1888, the Arlaten Museum on the traditions and life in Arles 100 years ago, St. Trophîme Basilica and Cloister, the most perfect example of a Romanesque portico still intact, the Roman Amphitheatre that could hold more than 20,000 spectators in in the late 1st Century A.D and the Christian Lacroix Boutique.50 minutes from La Villa Gallici
- Avignon the Papal Town with the Pope’s Palace built in twenty years from 1335, the Petit Palais Museum, a little gem with a Botticelli that will show you a veritable stroll through the history of art, the Angladon Foundation, a private house with a wonderful collection of art and The Avignon Festival the oldest theatre festival in the world and one of the great summer events in southern France.1 hour from La Villa Gallici
- Marseille the Port Town with the Old Port and the Fish Market, Notre Dame de la Garde, the church on the hill and the Chateau d’If with the legend of the Count of Monte Cristo.20 minutes from La Villa Gallici
- And more Les Baux-de-Provence, Saint-Remy-de-Provence or Cassis…
Contact the hotel concierge directly: he will advise on new and exclusive itineraries for your family holiday!