Manfredi Picture Gallery
The Manfredi Picture Gallery is part of the Patriarchal Seminary in the Venetian district of Dorsoduro.
The collection of works of art is mainly made up of the marquess Federico Manfredini’s private collection (1743-1829) together with the collections of the cultivated canonical, Monsignor Giannantonio Moschini (1773-1840).
In the three rooms dedicated to these collections there are paintings and sculptures of the XIII and the XVII centuries.
Among the most prestigious plastic works, it is important to mention the little shrine containing the Natività (Nativity) by Pietro Lombardo, a group of Antelami sculptures from the XIII century, five terracotta busts dated between 1570 and 1590 by the sculptor Alessandro Vittoria, two marble busts by Gianlorenzo Bernini and a terracotta bust by Canova.
The visitor will also be able to admire two paintings by Filippino Lippi, a fragment of a fresco by Paolo Veronese, Flemish paintings and 17th Century works by Alessandro Allori, Carlo Dolci and Bernardino Poccetti.
The picture gallery hosts a lapidary collection of Roman cippus, stems and altars from the first centuries after Christ.
Seminario Patriarcale – Patriarchal Seminary
30123 Venice - Italy
Tel. +39 041 5225558