Go to home page This Hotel Menu Tools Menu
Back

Hostaria dell’Orso

Located in an ancient palazzo built in the 1400s in the centre of Rome, the Hostaria dell’Orso restaurant, which was opened in 2002 by Gualtiero Marchesi and Vincenzo Nicastro, is an historical landmark for Roman high society.

Over the centuries these spaces have hosted inns, and intellectual clubs.

Today a large room on the first floor of the palazzo welcomes diners. From here the different smaller communicating rooms are accessed, as well as the splendid summer time veranda with a view of the Tiber River, Castel Sant’Angelo and Saint Peter’s.

Under the direction of the chef Salvatore Bianco, the Hostaria dell’Orso offers a style of cooking that is simple yet extremely attentive to details, from the selection of the raw materials to the presentation of dishes at the table, in a slightly retro atmosphere, refined and elegant yet never stiff, with careful and discreet service.

Besides the A la Carte menu, that offers dishes such as Roasted cuttlefish in a Gewurztraminer sauce with cuttlefish and green apple foie-gras, Dumpling with pecorino cheese and bread with cream of potato and crispy hog jowls, Crispy cheek of veal on semolina gnocchetti au gratin with butter and sage pineapple and yoghurt, or Jumbo shrimp tempura with sautéed vegetables and capers with a sweet and sour raspberry sauce. The Hostaria dell’Orso also has two tasting menus, one vegetarian menu, and a special menu with Zero-Km products, that refers to traditional Roman dishes.

In the same building, besides the restaurant, there is a small discotheque and an elegant piano bar, considered among the best in the Capital.

Hostaria dell’Orso
00186 Rome – Italy
Tel. +39 06 6830 1192
Fax +39 06 6821 7063
www.hdo.it
info@hdo.it

  • Facebook

Book your stay

1
2
0
1