Baglioni Hotels (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions www.baglionihotels.com/my-baglioni-loyalty-terms-of-use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By joining the Programme you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Baglioni Hotels UK with registered office 60 Hyde Park Gate – London SW7 5BB. Company No. 4659208
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Mr. Gennaro Ruocco
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by joining the My Baglioni Hotel Programme through our website at www.baglionihotels.com (Programme) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you, subscribe to the Programme, enter a competition, promotion or survey related to the programme, use your My Baglioni Card. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you:
- With regard to each of your visits to our hotels we may automatically collect the following information : guest stay information, including the hotels where you have stayed, date of arrival and departure, goods and services purchased, special requests made, observations about your service preferences (including room, holiday preferences, amenities requested, facilities or any other services used);
- We also collect information when you share our Programme’s details on Facebook or you suggest our webpage to a friend.
- We also collect name and email addresses from individuals recommended by Programme members as part of the “invite a friend” promotion.
- Information we receive from other sources.
- By clicking on “Complete your profile with Facebook” a pop-up of Facebook will appear asking to provide your consent to access your account. If you confirm your consent is granted, the empty profile fields will be completed automatically from the information held in your Facebook account.
- If your email is provided to us by a member of the Programme for our “email a friend” promotion we will we store the email address provided, your name and the number of emails sent to you.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us and Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to award Programme points to you;
- to send you marketing emails or other marketing communications, including promotional materials and offers.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Business and Marketing partners that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Baglioni Hotels or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Access to information. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.